Matching a New Dog to Your Family’s Situation:
Are you thinking about getting a dog? I offer consultations to evaluate your family’s specific situation, by addressing such issues as:
- Toddlers and puppies: is it wise to raise them together?
- Keeping dogs and children safe with each other
- Addressing risks to the children
- Preparing your dog for a new baby’s arrival into your home.
- Introduce your dog to the sights, sounds and smells of babies before your infant arrives.
- Adding a new dog to the household:
- Do you already have a dog? Are you wondering whether your present dog will accept a new pup or an older dog.
- How best to introduce a new puppy or dog to your existing canine family member(s).
Canine Behavior Consultations: Helping to Make Critical Decisions About Difficult Dogs
- Evaluate your dog’s particular temperament and behavioral issues
- What if your dog has resource guarding issues?
- Will your dog harm your child?
- Does your dog already have a history of biting humans?
- Has the severity of the bite(s) been evaluated by a physician, veterinarian or canine behaviorist?
- Might your dog’s issues be resolved with skilled training?
- How likely are the issues to escalate?
- Is your dog already a danger to your children, or to the baby you are expecting?
- Is your dog a menace to neighbors or visitors?
- Are you prepared for the liability risks you might incur, if you decide to keep your dog despite the risks?
- How effective might training be with your reactive, pushy or aggressive dog?
- Is your dog aggressive towards other dogs?
- Are you physically able to control your dog when he sees or hears another dog?
- Has your dog injured you or another person while trying to attack another dog?